I would like to refer this paradigm shift to The Matrix movie. Your challenge is recognising whether you have taken the red pill or the blue pill.
So here is the red pill.
You are living in a 20th century paradigm.
Your paradigm problem is to increase productivity.
To increase productivity you standardise operations.
This achieved via the following methods;
- One software platform across your system
- Limiting the type of devices connected to your system
- You manage a centralised support system based on limited device type and platform.
Your system is highly controlled and managed by a centralised authority.
Your client's connect to your system
So here is the blue pill.
You are living in the 21st century paradigm.
Your paradigm problem is how to continually adapt with rapid change.
To adapt your operations with rapid change you are standards based.
This is achieved via the following methods;
- Employing cloud based platforms
- Employing ubiquitous internet based devices
- You manage a distributed support system based on crowd sourcing
Your system is decentralized and your authority is distributed
Your system connects to the client's
The red and blue pills are fantasy but there is a tipping point from one paradigm system to another.